I’ve heard quite a bit about these Liebster nominations and have even been nominated before by the lovely Rebecca aka Just Wing it. But, being the delinquent that I am and having an attention span about as tenacious as Kim Kardashian’s marriage, I completely forgot about the nomination 😦 #getorganized Thank you Bec, you lovely lady! It was such an honour to have been nominated.
Last night I was nominated by the lovely Heather De Bruin! So I decided, “Enough is enough! Do the post already!”
Simply put, and I’ll use the exact words that Heather used on her post:
Upon accepting the Liebster Award :
– Link back the blogger that tagged you
– Nominate ten others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you
– Ask ten questions for the bloggers you nominate
– Let your nominees know of their award ”
The questions Heather posted to her nominees where as follows:
1. What is the inspiration behind your blog?
Me: It’s funny, because I didn’t intend on having a blog. I am just a “by chance” blogger. It started out as merely a platform for me to refer to Hey Gorgeous products in my tweets, but then the brand got it’s own website and I was left with a blog (which I secretly wanted all along). Hipstyler, Pretty & Ginger is chaotic to say the least – it looks like the gremlins in my mind. It is evolving at its own pace but ultimately, it will always be my little sanctuary where I get to say and do what I want about anything I want.
2. How long have you been blogging?
Me: 4 months? But I’ve been preparing my whole life…. 😀
3. What would be your best advice to newbie bloggers?
Me: Don’t do it for the fame and fortune… Wait?! There’s fame and fortune? We all know the saying “Write what you know” I say “Nay sir!” Some of the best pieces I’ve written were about things that I had no knowledge of and had to research. At the end of the day, at the very least, you’ll get to learn something new.
4. What has been your most successful Social Media Platform?
Me: Definitely Twitter! I’m followed by 5fm DJs yo! I don’t know how much more successful it gets!!! lol
5. If you could have dinner with anyone who would it be and why?
Me: Oh boy… Ann Hirch… She totally cracks me up. Or Zoe Deschanel. I need a six pack and I think this is the best way to go about it… laughing
6. Do you have any green initiatives. charities or social projects that you support?
Me: I initiated the “fill a tub movement” with Hey Gorgeous. It was a lot of fun. I also only use green products where I can. Contrary to popular belief, green cleaning agents are just as good as the regular ones.
7. If you could go on a shopping spree and choose any 5 items , what would they be?
Me: 1-Elie Saab (the designer) so I can stand behind him with a whip and yell “make me perfume KemoSaabie!”
2-Nine west (the brand) so I can walk into the factory and yell “I want Nine on the West and ten on the South”
3-Rimmel (the brand) so I can change the slogan to “it’s a Rimmel effect”.
4-Toyota Aygo – Because it’s pronounced I GO and that’s what I do.
5-Samsung S5 – because S4 is so yesterday.
8. Choose one …laptop , Ipad or Cellphone and tell us why?
Me: Tablet… Just got my Asus Nexus and life without Little Nexie would be horrid!
9. Choose one … make-up , perfume or skin care and tell us why?
Me: PERFUME!!! I don’t know… I am just obsessed.
10. What is your secret obsession that no one knows about?
Me: My secret obsession…. Planning my wedding in my mind… When I get engaged, I could get married the very next week…. I’m THAT prepared… Cue creepy music
Now I have to nominate my faves:
- Naeema Ajam – The Jam Jar
- Tahlia Hamilton – Toomuchloveliness
- Maurine De Gia – My view my angle
- Nadia Lucas – Deialucas
- Smudged Beauty
- High Heels and Fairytales
- Lauren Groenewald – Lipglossed Ninja
- Tasneem Thomas – City Girl Vibe
- Life and Times of the Fireflies
- Heather De Bruin – Femme Lifestyle
And here are my questions:
- If you could switch lives with anyone in the world for one day, who would it be and why?
- Tell me about your favorite pet.
- If you could go anywhere on holiday, where would you go – money isn’t an issue.
- When you run into an ex, what do you do?
- What is your favorite fragrance?
- Little Black dress or red lipstick?
- If the Backstreet Boys were the only guys alive, who would you marry?
- Vampires or Werewolves?
- What do you look for an a friend – elaborate.
- What is your best colds and flues remedy?
So there you have it! This was fun!!!
Thanks Heather and Rebecca!!! xoxox
- Loving the Liebster Blog Award! (stellatarakson.com)
- The Liebster award (owlsandorchids.com)
- So Excited to Receive The Liebster Award! (kristineriddle.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Award! (thebeautydeputy.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award (thesocialanxietist.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Award nominee (clumsywithwords.com)
- Liebster Award (liberatedandfree.wordpress.com)
- About the Liebster Award (orionwriter.wordpress.com)