Last weekend, I thought of ways to avoid the Monday blues because the fact of the matter is…. MONDAYS SUCK. We all hate Mondays, but I don’t think Monday should be blamed for being the first day of the working week… shame man. Let’s turn Monday into a Funday! Here’s how:
- Have something to look forward to – For me Bath milk Monday is “a thing”. I try to save my spoils for Mondays and even Sunday evenings when the Sunday blues set in. Or, have some wine.
- Start the day off with chocolate – no kidding. It lifts your mood. But if you’re feeling slightly guilty about it, opt for a 80% coco chocolate. Or, have some wine.
- Wear clothes that make you feel good – when you feel good about yourself, the likelier you’ll be open and accepting to your surroundings – it’s a mind trick. Or, call in sick. 😀
- Do your hair – again, if you feel good about yourself, you’ll feel better in general. Or, have some wine.
- Wear the good perfume – you know, the one you only wear on special occasions? Or, have some Calmettes.
- Spruce up the playlist – love listening to music? Make your day a little better by taking your Mp3 player to work and listening to your favourite tracks. Or, have some wine.
- Pack in a good lunch – look at it this way, lunch time marks the half of the day. Celebrate it! Or, pack in some wine.
- Create a special Monday routine – make it special. I have swopped out my Monday gym session for Monday night Movie Madness. I’ll just lounge on the couch or in bed with my favourite movies find my favourite movies and I just soak up the laziness. And then I’ll have some wine! 😀
- Cut out the Monday night cooking – go for something fun, tasty and easy like cheese and tomato snackwitches – YUM…. or, just have some chocolate.
- Indulge in your favourite activity – Whatever it is, do it! Like drinking wine. 😀
I don’t know bout you but I feel better about Mondays already! Cheers!