Every morning I wake up, switch the kettle on and scroll down my Instagram and Twitter timelines waiting for the water to boil. Normally the feeds are filled puppies and my selfies of my sexy Instapeeps,
but this morning, I was saddened to the point of tears when I saw the news of Robin Williams‘ passing. I changed my outfit from bright and cheerful to black and I started my day of mourning (Lisa-Jade will bare witness to my pity party of one).
Later, as I was driving home, I just got wackaballed in the face with a huge “Bizitch! You’re alive and young and you have a life to live” courtesy “à La Reality”. So, in my mind, I jotted down a list of things to do before 30… and I might need your help to stick to them:
- Fly in a plane/helicopter – Until very recently, I would have just said “fly in a plane” but given recent plane crashes, I’ll settle for a helicopter trip.
- Get to 15% body fat – it’s more difficult than it seems, but apparently I have the metabolic rate of a 14 year old… so better use it to my best advantage NOW.
- Capitalising on my blog – I never thought I would say this, but I’d really like to make some money from this blog. I love blogging and creating these posts, so I think it would just be a bonus to make some ka-ching from it.
- Go on a cruise – I’ve been wanting to do this for a MINUTE! Can you say… OH SHIP?
- Learn how to speak Spanish – I’ve started doing this a while ago (ah-hem 7 years ago) and the only thing that stuck was “La Perra” which means female dog… see where I’m going with this?
- Do some the activities that used to make me happy – like body boarding and skate boarding. You never truly understand freedom until you’ve reached your own personal top speed on a skateboard or riding the perfect wave…
- Take the plunge and do the silver hair
- Go overseas – I really want to see Germany – It’s where my roots are, and I’d like to see the country.
- Study copywriting and social media marketing
- Be part of something REALLY spectacular.
So thank you Mr. Robin Williams. You made us laugh, you made us cry, you’ve inspired us and now you’ll be missed. I solute you! May you find peace wherever you are!